Apply To Startups Of The Month


26 April 2024·2 min read

Dara Kachinska

News Editor, Vestbee

French VC Ternel launches €120M fund to invest in 30 startups across Europe

Paris-based venture capital firm Ternel has announced the launch of the Ternel Fund. It plans to support 30 startups that contribute positively to community empowerment, individual and communal well-being, environmental restoration, and resilience. 

  • Ternel was founded in 2015 and is co-led by Mohamed Abdesslam and Timothée Poulain. The company focuses on supporting founders that develop their solutions in the fields of need inclusivity, health, education, biodiversity, climate change, and circularity. 
  • Ternel is planning to invest in 30 European startups, mostly at the seed to series A stages. Its ticket size ranges from €500,000 to €5 million. 70% of investments will be focused on French startups and the remaining 30% on Southern Europe, Germany and the Netherlands. 
  • The main investor is French firm MAIF. Capital Croissance, a French private equity firm, also joined the LP list. Through this partnership, Ternel will be able to continue executing its purpose by expanding its investment and support network.

“What appealed to us was the team’s track record and innovative vision of supporting innovative companies, perfectly aligned with Capital Croissance’s strategic focus on entrepreneurship and impact investment. The vision of the Ternel team is perfectly aligned with the new challenges facing the investment world and our society as a whole,” says Eric Neuplanche, Founding President of Capital Croissance.



Subscribe to our newsletter
Join Vestbee
Join the leading matchmaking platform for startups, VC funds, angels, accelerators and corporates
Join Now